Vision: Colegio Internacional de San Salvador exists to provide a multicultural educational environment which promotes academic excellence and encourages students to be inquisitive, compassionate, life-long learners prepared for leadership roles in the global community.
Mission Statement: Colegio Internacional de San Salvador believes in providing a holistic education that inspires students to become life-long enthusiastic learners who value integrity, cultural diversity, and the pursuit of excellence. CISS incorporates an internationally accepted U.S. curriculum and complies with the requirements of the Ministry of Education of El Salvador. Our qualified professionals work with the school community to prepare students to be independent, creative and critical thinkers, and socially responsible global citizens.
To achieve the goals of the Mission Statement a student should be:
- Innately curious and inquisitive and develop the ability to direct these qualities to the process of problem solving.
- Aware of the benefits derived from living in a democratic society and possess the necessary knowledge, skills and organizations at all levels.
- Aware of the aesthetic values to be found in art, music, literature, dance, etc.
- Understanding of man’s place within the realm of nature and to develop the willingness to preserve this relationship for the benefit of this and future generations.
- Aware that no one culture lives in isolation from the others and that without an understanding and appreciation of these other cultures peace will never be achieved. – Aware of the significant historical events of the past and the lessons they teach us for the present and future. – Functionally fluent in at least the English and Spanish languages.
- Developed physically to the maximum of his or her potential and to possess the proper attitude to maintain this level for the remainder of life.